Muddy Mondays offers bespoke Outdoor Learning sessions to Primary, middle and high schools, and Nursery settings, tailored specifically to the needs of your children. We offer a wide range of
activities delivered at your setting. Contact us to book a session or make an enquiry.
Outdoor learning is essential! It is not just for Early Years, but for the whole of the school.
- Virtually all areas of the curriculum can be accessed by outdoor learning.
- It builds confidence and self-esteem.
- It develops language and social skills.
- It has many health benefits including improved gross and fine motor skills, benefits heart and lung function and is also shown to reduce myopia (near sightedness). (Optometry and Vision Science,
- It develops an understanding of risk.
Children who learn and play outdoors regulary:
- Are fitter and leaner
- Develop stronger immune systems
- Have more active imaginations
- Have lower stress levels
- Are more creative
- Have greater respect for themselves and other
(Fjortoft 2004; Burdette and Whitaker 2005)